Wednesday, May 20, 2015

May 2015 Ipsy Unboxing



This month's Ipsy was a big ol' "meh" for me. As I'm getting more into beauty boxes that give me what I want, I find myself more and more unimpressed with Ipsy, and this is only my second bag. I'm going to keep my subscription and see where it goes, but I was largely unimpressed this month. If you would like to try it out, here's an invite link to join. I will say, though, that when I picked up my shiny pink bubble mailer, I was surprised at the weight, and finding a full-sized hair product in there. So let's start with that.

Oscar Blandi Hair Lift Mousse

This month, I got a full size mousse, which retails at $23, so right there, I got my money back for the subscription and then some. Ipsy uses a series of questions to determine your products, and since I described my hair as "needs volume," they sent this mousse, which I'm not completely unhappy with, because I was going to need to buy some soon anyway for a wedding, and as far as product goes, I've heard good things about the Oscar Blandi brand.

Glamglow Thirstycleanse Daily Hydrating Cleanser

Again, another product I've heard great things about. The instructions are intimidating though... rub into my dry skin, then get it wet, then keep rubbing, get it more wet, then rinse. It seems... complicated for a face wash. However, I've been told though (and this is a direct quote from my friend Palmer) "If their cleanser is half as good as their mask, Angels will straight up fly out of your pores and start singing and shitting kittens." It smells great...

Jesse's Girl Pure Pigment Eye Dust

Way to fucking cheap out, Ipsy. I have better quality eye products and feel like something you can get at a drug store for a dollar isn't great. Also, the color is poopy and unflattering. Pass.

Klorane Soothing and Relaxing Patches

I do tend to get tired, baggy eyes, so these might actually work okay for me. We'll see.

Luxie Beauty Tapered Blending Eye Brush 205

This was pretty much the only thing I was looking forward to this month, since I'm a makeup brush addict. It's cute, soft, and fluffy. It basically feels like your standard blending brush but I think it might be gentler than what I'm currently using. Would have liked it to be a tad bit denser, but over all, decent.

No comments:

Post a Comment