Sunday, May 17, 2015

Boxycharm May 2015 Unboxing!

I decided to put my Julep box on hold this month to try Boxycharm, since I'd seen some unboxing videos and was pretty impressed that they send full-size products for only $21 a month. I feel like for a first box, May's was really nice. I noticed as I was accessing the pictures that some came out a little off in color, and that's probably due to the flash on my cell phone. Sorry.

This is one of those off-color photos
Bodyography Essential Brow Trio and Brow Brush

Honestly, the brow trio seems really nice, especially for people who want to try different brow colors based on their hair color (like right now, my hair isn't as dark, so my current brow powder seems a little off). I swiped a little of the darker color on my hand and it seems really well pigmented, so I'm looking forward to trying it (unfortunately, I forgot to pack it this weekend). The brush is nice because the bristle end is soft, but still stiff enough to fill in brows, and it's just nice to have a spoolie around, honestly, and having it on the other end means I won't lose it, like I'm always afraid will happen with my NYX brow cake spoolie.


Model Co. Bronze Shimmer

I will admit, I'm a little afraid of bronzer because a) they're usually shimmery, and b) I'm so pale I'm afraid I'll just make myself look dirty, rather than glowy. While this bronzer is shimmery, it's a really nice shade for my skin tone, so it feels less intimidating. Also, look at the size of it! This bronzer alone paid for the subscription and then some in value!


Lauren B. Beauty nail polish in "Sunset Blvd."

I had never heard of this brand before, but it's 5-free, cruelty free, and vegan. Normally, I wouldn't go for an orangey-shade (I guess this is more coral than anything) but I'm really excited to do a pedicure with it because it's a perfect summer color.

OMG
The Lip Bar lipstick in "Purple Rain"

Look at that packaging! So beautiful! The color is not something I would typically buy, and it scares me a little (I still haven't tried it yet, but my lips are really dry right now so if I'm going to test it, I want it to be on healthy lips). I was just really taken by the packaging (it even came in a little velvet pouch) and the vividness of the color. 



Total value of this box? $98.00! Remember, these are full-size products, not samples. Definitely keeping this subscription active! Ipsy will be my next post...

1 comment:

  1. Definitely pleased with the bronzer... the shade is perfect. A little too glittery for a facial bronzer, personally, but that stuff will so very very be all up on my shoulders this summer.

    ReplyDelete