Sunday, May 10, 2015

Birchbox May 2015 Unboxing

Since I don't have the ability to do videos, here's a blog post! I've been subscribing to Birchbox for three months now and this is the first box I've been disappointed in. If you would like to subscribe, here's a handy link.  Read on...

L to R: Juice Beauty Stem Cellular CC Cream, Naobay Oxygenating Cream Moisturizer, Number 4 Super Comb Prep & Protect, Coastal Scents Revealed 3 eyeshadow quad, Front: Harvey Prince Sincerely perfume
Juice Beauty Stem Cellular CC Cream
I actually kind of want to try this, since I've been thinking of moving from full-on foundation to a CC or BB cream, especially for summer where wearing full foundation is heavy and gross feeling.

Naobay Oxygenating Cream Moisturizer
I don't mind getting moisturizers, since I'm realizing I need to take better care of my aging skin, so the fact that I got a moisturizer isn't bad. The scent, however, is awful. It smells like oranges. I like to eat oranges, but I absolutely hate the smell of oranges. The fact that it smells like oranges does not make me want to rub it on my face, so it's going to be relegated to hand cream. It does absorb quickly, which is nice.

Number 4 Super Comb Prep & Protect
A detangler/leave in conditioner. Yay. I don't use detanglers/leave in products and no longer have long hair, so this will probably not get used. At least it doesn't smell horrible like the last one that got sent. Meh.

Coastal Scents Revealed 3 Eyeshadow Quad (Desert Bloom)
The colors in this are nice and rich, each a good compliment to the other, however I would definitely need a different highlight color as the gold in this quad is going to be too much for the browbone.

Harvey Prince Sincerely perfume
I hate getting perfume samples. Hate it. I don't like this fragrance, and a huge issue I have with getting perfume samples is Birchbox doesn't ask scent profile questions, so I keep getting all these gross florals and "soft" scents, and regardless of me choosing the options to get fewer perfume samples, I think they're putting them all in up front. I hate the scent, and I'll probably see if my niece likes it.


So this month was meh. I've already gotten a glimpse at my Ipsy and I'm already not impressed, so I'll write about that when it comes. I also signed up for Boxycharm, but I haven't gotten shipment confirmation so we'll see when that comes too.

No comments:

Post a Comment